Have you ever caught anything out of the ordinary on your dashcam or CCTV camera? Or witnessed a bizarre event that no one would believe until you showed video proof?
Be it traffic offenses, road rage/road bullies, strange encounters (like a cow outside your city house), or heartwarming moments (Abang Grab helps your neigbour to catch a thief), there is a good chance you’ll capture something interesting on your surveillance cameras daily.
Newswav users want to see what you see! So keep your #SurveillanceCam on and share your interesting encounters with hundreds & thousands of viewers by submitting your recordings to Newswav. Remember to include a detailed explanation of what happened and
stand a chance to win prizes worth up to RM18,000.
Note: All footage must be original & recorded within the campaign period.
Submission & Campaign Period
13 Mar - 10 Apr 2023
13 Mar - 17 Apr 2023
26 Apr 2023
10 Apr - 8 May 2023
10 Apr - 15 May 2023
24 May 2023
8 May - 5 Jun 2023
8 May - 12 Jun 2023
21 Jun 2023
5 Jun - 3 Jul 2023
5 Jun - 10 Jul 2023
20 Jul 2023
3 Jul - 31 Jul 2023
3 Jul - 7 Aug 2023
16 Aug 2023
31 Jul - 28 Aug 2023
31 Jul - 4 Sep 2023
13 Sep 2023
NOTE: Each submission & campaign period begins at 12.00pm MYT and ends at 12.00pm MYT on the specified dates.
Content submitted must be in dashcam/CCTV video format and should revolve around anything newsworthy, interesting, or exciting. Any gruesome road accidents will not be accepted - kindly be respectful to the victims.
The footage must clearly show the date and timestamp. Any footage recorded prior to the campaign period will not be accepted.
The footage must be at least 30 seconds in duration and accompanied by a minimum 50-word description detailing the date & time, location, and what happened.
Video can either be in English, Bahasa Melayu or Mandarin.
Your video submission must include the #SurveillanceCam hashtag in the title in order to be considered as an entry for this campaign.
The footage must be original and solely owned by the individual who submitted it.
Video submitted is to be exclusive to Newswav and not published on any other media outlets/publishers.
Participants must share the published video in the form of Newswav link (e.g. newswav.com/xxx) on to their social media platform(s) during the campaign period.
How To Participate
1 - Log into creator.newswav.com
2 - Submit your video
3 - Share the newswav link on your social media platform(s) once it has been approved & published
Prizes & Winner Announcement
Most Engaging Submissions
(up to 20 per round)
Up to TWENTY (20) videos with the highest number of engagements by the end of each contest round will receive RM150 each.
*Engagement refers to genuine shares & comments on Newswav.
Each participant is eligible to win 1 prize each round.
Winners will be contacted via email so do ensure that you provide us with the correct contact details upon account registration.
Terms & Conditions
1. The #SurveillanceCam Campaign (the “Contest”) is organized by Newswav Sdn. Bhd (“the Organiser”).
2. The Contest will commence from:
i) Round One: March 13, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - April 17, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
ii) Round Two: April 10, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - May 15, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
iii) Round Three: May 8, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - June 12, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
iv) Round Four: June 5, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - July 10, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
v) Round Five: July 3, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - August 7, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
vi) Round Six: July 31, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - September 4, 2023 (Mon, 12pm)
(above dates inclusive) (the “Contest Period”).
3. However, the submission period will start from:
i) Round One: March 13, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - April 10, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
ii) Round Two: April 10, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - May 8, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
iii) Round Three: May 8, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - June 5, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
iv) Round Four: June 5, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - July 3, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
v) Round Five: July 3, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - July 31, 2023 (Mon, 12pm),
vi) Round Six: July 31, 2023 (Mon, 12pm) - August 28, 2023 (Mon, 12pm)
(above dates inclusive) (the “Submission Period”).
4. The Contest is open to all Malaysians who fulfill the following criteria (the “Participants"):
i) aged 18 & above and residing in Malaysia
ii) are Newswav users
CONTENT SUBMISSION & REQUIREMENTS
5. Content submitted for the Contest (the “Content”) must fulfill the following criteria:
i) must be in dashcam or CCTV video format, with clear date & timestamp;
ii) must be recorded within the Contest Period;
iii) must be at least 30 seconds in duration;
iv) must have a minimum of a 50-word description detailing the date & time, location, and what happened;
v) must be original and solely owned by the Participant
6. To qualify a Content as an entry for the Contest (the “Entry”), Participants should ensure that:
i) the Content is newsworthy, interesting, or exciting (Any gruesome road accidents will not be accepted - kindly be respectful to the victims);
ii) the Content includes the #SurveillanceCam hashtag in the title;
iii) the published Content is shared in the form of a Newswav link (e.g. newswav.com/xxx) on the Participant’s social media platform(s) within the campaign period.
7. Entries can either be in English, Bahasa Melayu or Mandarin.
8. Participants are allowed to submit more than one (1) Entry per person for each Contest Period.
9. Entries that
i) do not comply with these Contest Terms & Conditions;
ii) are incomplete, corrupted or late; or
iii) are non-relevant/ forcefully related to the Contest theme,
may be rejected, disqualified, removed and/or deleted by the Organiser.
10. The Content is to be exclusive to the Organiser and not shared with other media outlets/ publishers.
11. Winning Entries (the “Winner”) will be determined by the Organiser according to the following judging criteria:
Most Engaging Submissions (up to 20 Winners per Contest Period round): The Organiser will select up to twenty (20) Entries with the highest number of engagements by the end of each Contest Period round, and the Winners will receive RM150 each (the “Prize”).
i) Engagement refers to genuine shares and comments on Newswav.
ii) The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any duplicated, non-genuine, malicious or spam shares, and comments when tabulating the Winner list.
iii) There may be instances where there will be fewer than twenty (20) Winners each round
12. Participants may win only one (1) prize each Contest Period round.
13. Winners shall be solely determined by the Organiser, whose decision shall be deemed final. No correspondence or appeal(s) will be entertained.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT & PRIZES REDEMPTION
14. Winner announcement will be made via email on the followings dates:
i) Round One: April 26, 2023
ii) Round Two: May 24, 2023
iii) Round Three: June 21, 2023
iv) Round Four: July 20, 2023
v) Round Five: August 16, 2023
vi) Round Six: September 13, 2023
15. Winners must provide a copy of their NRIC for verification purposes. Failure to do so may result in their prizes being revoked.
16. Winners who fail to reply to the email within seven (7) days will have their prize forfeited.
17. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable in any way.
18. All costs and expenses in connection with the production of the Content and the participation of this Contest shall be fully borne by the Participants.
19. Content must not be vague, illegal, or unlawful, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, offensive, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or the Organiser or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). Content submitted must be researched beforehand and to be of truth.
20. The Organiser reserves the right to reject, edit or remove any of the Participants’ content at the discretion of the Organiser, at any time.
21. By submitting the Content, The Organiser has the rights to use the Entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
DECLARATION & AUTHORISATION
22. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to postpone, reschedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or terminate the Contest at any given time without prior notice.
23. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the mechanics, prizes, and terms & conditions of the Contest, as well as other aspects of the Contest at its absolute discretion without prior notice.
24. By participating in this Contest, the Participants are deemed to have read and understood and have agreed to comply with all terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set forth in this section (as varied or changed).