We're back with the #MalaysiaKita campaign this year!
Express your love for Malaysia and stand a chance to win prizes worth up to RM7,400, including a staycation at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah.
What makes Malaysia special to you? Do you know a local hero or someone making a difference in our country? Unveil hidden gems that serve delectable local cuisine. Share the inspiring story of your favorite local brand. Don't be shy – let the Newswav audience know!
1 August - 22 September 2023
Content submitted can be in article or video format, and must revolve around your love & appreciation towards Malaysia or things that instill pride in you as a Malasian (e.g. stories of different races coming together to achieve something, a Malaysian hero, local food & eateries that you enjoy etc).
Content submitted can either be in English, Malay or Mandarin.
To qualify as an entry for this campaign, you must include the #MalaysiaKita hashtag in your content title, and select #MalaysiaKita in the ‘NCC campaign’ field. Failure to do so will result in the submission not being considered as a campaign entry.
Article submissions must be at least 300 words in length and contain at least one (1) image.
Video submissions must be at least 60 seconds in duration and accompanied by a description with at least 100 words. Videos submitted must be created and exclusively owned by the creators themselves.
Content must be unique and not plagiarised.
Content submitted is to be exclusive to Newswav and not shared with other media outlets/publishers.
Participants must share the published content in the form of a Newswav link (e.g. newswav.com/xxx) on to their social media platform(s) within the campaign period. Do note that posting the link(s) in the comment section does not count as sharing.
Prizes & Winner Announcement
GRAND PRIZE x1
Content with the highest number of views & engagements by the end of the campaign period will receive a 3D2N Staycation at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah.
NEWSWAV TOP PICKS (Up to 30)
Newswav will select up to thirty (30) most outstanding content, and each winner will receive RM200.
To qualify for the winner selection, each of your entry must meet the following criteria:
English content: Minimum 5,000 views and 100 engagements
Mandarin content: Minimum 2,500 views and 75 engagements
Bahasa Melayu content: Minimum 1,000 views and 50 engagements
Each participant is not limited to winning in just one category
(e.g. Individual A could win the Grand Prize and Newswav Top Picks simultaneously)
The winners of the #MalaysiaKita campaign will be announced on October 16, 2023. Winners will be contacted via email so do ensure that you provide us with the correct contact details (including payment info) upon account registration.
How To Participate
Log in here
Submit your content. Remember to include #MalaysiaKita in the title and select the ‘NCC campaign’ field
Share the article/video link on your social media platform once it has been approved & published
Terms & Conditions
1. The #MalaysiaKita (the “Contest”) is organised by Newswav Sdn. Bhd (“the Organiser”).
2. The Contest will commence from August 1, 2023 (Tue, 12pm) - September 22, 2023 (Fri, 12pm) (both dates inclusive) (the “Contest Period”).
3. However, the submission period will start from August 1, 2023 (Tue, 12pm) - September 15, 2023 (Fri, 12pm) (both dates inclusive) (the “Submission Period”).
4. The Contest is open to all Malaysians who fulfil the following criteria (the “Participants"):
i) Newswav users
ii) Aged 18 and above residing in Malaysia
CONTENT SUBMISSION & REQUIREMENTS
5. Content submitted can be in article or video format, and must revolve around your love, appreciation towards Malaysia or things that instill pride in you as a Malaysian (e.g. Things only Malaysians will know about, favourite Malaysian figure, cultural heritage and buildings etc).
6. The Organiser reserves the right to reject any submissions that are non-relevant or forcefully related to the theme.
7. Content submitted can either be in English, Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin.
8. Select #MalaysiaKita in the "NCC campaign" field and include the hashtag in the article / video title to participate. Submissions without the hashtag will not be considered as an entry for this Contest.
9. Article submission must be at least 300 words and contain at least one (1) image.
10. Video submission must be at least 60 seconds in duration and accompanied by a minimum 100-word description. Videos submitted must be created and exclusively owned by the creators themselves.
11. Content must be unique and not plagiarised. Content submitted is to be exclusive to the Organiser and not shared with other media outlets/publishers.
12. Participants must share the published Content in the form of Newswav link (e.g. newswav.com/xxx) on their social media platform(s) during the Contest Period.
13. GRAND PRIZE (x1): The Content with the highest number of views & engagements by the end of the campaign period will receive a 3D2N Staycation at Aloft Langkawi Pantai Tengah.
14. NEWSWAV TOP PICKS (Up to 30): Newswav will select up to thirty (30) most outstanding content, and each winner will receive RM200 (Two hundred Ringgit Malaysia).
15. To qualify for the winner selection, each of your entries must meet the following criteria:
i) English content: Minimum 5,000 views and 100 engagements
ii) Mandarin content: Minimum 2,000 views and 75 engagements
iii) Bahasa Melayu content: Minimum 1,000 views and 50 engagements
16. Each participant is not limited to winning in just one category
(e.g. Individual A could win the Grand Prize and Newswav Top Picks simultaneously) However, each participant could only win One (1) prize from each prize category (e.g. Individual A could win ONE Granr Prize and ONE Newswav Top Picks).
17. Winners shall be solely determined by the Organiser, whose decision shall be deemed final. No correspondence or appeal(s) will be entertained.
WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT & PRIZES REDEMPTION
18. Winner announcements will be made on Oct 16, 2023 via email to all Participants.
19. Winners must provide a copy of their NRIC for identity verification purposes. Failure to do so may result in their prizes being revoked.
20. Winners who fail to reply to the email within seven (7) days will have their prize forfeited.
21. The grand prize (3D2N staycation at Aloft Langkawi) must be redeemed and utilized before November 30, 2023 (“Expiration Date”). Prizes cannot be replaced nor exchanged for cash, and no extensions will be granted beyond the Expiration Date.
22. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or refundable in any way.
23. All costs and expenses in connection with the production of the Content and the participation of this Contest shall be fully borne by the Participants.
24. Content must not be vague, illegal, or unlawful, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, offensive, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or the Organiser or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). Content submitted must be researched beforehand and to be of truth.
25. The Organiser reserves the right to reject, edit or remove any of the Participants’ Content at the discretion of the Organiser, at any time.
26. By submitting the Content, The Organiser has the rights to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
DECLARATION & AUTHORISATION
27. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to postpone, reschedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or terminate the Contest at any given time without prior notice.
28. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the mechanics, prizes, and terms & conditions of the Contest, as well as other aspects of the Contest at its absolute discretion without prior notice.
29. By participating in this Contest, the Participants are deemed to have read and understood and have agreed to comply with all terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set forth in this section (as varied or changed).